- Getting older is unavoidable, staying healthy is in your hands
- A simple way to boost your vitality
- Discover this amazing tonic that can keep you in better shape
A few days ago I told you about the amazingly ancient remedy which is Argan Oil from Morocco.
Well I thought I ought to tell you just how ancient this remedy is – and why the oil is so important to the women of the local tribes.
I said that this was an ancient remedy, well the tree that grows the fruit which is the source of this amazing oil is what is known as a relict species.
Some of you may well be drawing a comparison with yours truly at this stage, my dear wife has already commented to that effect already!
Back to the tree…it is a species which has bred unaltered since the Tertiary Age, up to 65 million years ago just as the dinosaurs were waving goodbye! (At this point Lara has decided to leave the room for the good of her own health.)
So I think it is fair to call Argan Oil a time served product.
But like all of us proven old relicts it has become a little less well preserved as it ages. Where once it covered much of North Africa it is now confined to south western Morocco – and enjoys a protected status by UNESCO.
So nowadays one of the oldest remedial oils is also the rarest and that’s why it is known as Moroccan Gold.
Argan Oil is also seen as a valuable resource for the local tribes in Morocco as the fruit is harvested, processed and sold by women’s collectives as a way to provide funds to school their children and support their communities.
Could any of this be further away from the kind of things that the pharmaceutical companies do?
And yet this oil could be regarded one of the best anti-ageing tonics around.
A challenge of time
If you believe that avoiding ageing is within your power may I refer you to one King Canute and his attempts to hold back the tide…
…Ladies and Gents it just ain’t going to happen.
Whether we like it or not the bright young things we once were are slowly changing into older, more wrinkled versions with achy knees and a need to make a noise whenever we get into or out of a chair. (Or is that just me?)
Of course, this doesn’t mean we sit back and take this change on the chin – oh no, never.
Indeed that was one of the founding reasons why I started to write the Good Life Letter, I wanted people to experience better health and a longer more active life from natural means.
But denying that it is happening is folly.
The ways to deal with it vary from the drastic (plastic surgery and hormone therapy) to the miserable (doing nothing but moaning) or the pro-active, which is where I want us all to be.
If you had to list the effects of ageing changes on your body, chances are some of these would figure:
- Low level coughs and colds that hang around for months
- Aching joints especially feet, knees and shoulders
- Low energy levels and feeling tired quickly
- Drier and thinner skin, poorer nails and disappearing hair
- A GP who is keen to tell you how bad you blood test results are
- A prescription list that is longer than your shopping list
- Digestion which is easier to upset than it used to be
- Difficulty in remembering people’s names, feeling stressed or lacking concentration
I know I could tick a couple of those off, even though I class myself as a model mid lifer, age is no respecter of knowledge.
But just to recap some of the health benefits you can expect from taking a daily dose of Argan Oil:
- Cardiovascular health; the oil is reported to help control cholesterol, lower blood pressure and promote the dilation of blood vessels leading to better circulation.
- Gastrointestinal health; being rich in linoleic, palmitic and oleic oils as well as a rich source of vitamin E, carotenes and good fatty acids means that it helps with the digestive process – and is even better for you than olive oil.
- Skin, hair & nails; for many years the West were only interested in the way Argan was able to improve the looks of the body, helping smooth skin, strengthen brittle nails and add a lustre to hair. This power has not diminished so if you buy these capsules for no other reason it will be money well spent.
- Bones, joints, nervous system & boosting the immune system; there really are few of the body’s major functions which aren’t enhanced by this wonderful natural oil.
If you look down the list you’ll understand why I referred to it as an anti-ageing solution, covering as it does a wide variety of health issues.
Should one of the big pharmaceutical companies ever produce a compound that is proven to do half of the things above we would be subjected to a snowstorm of PR statements and GP bribe led prescriptions.
But, as with all natural products where Mr Big doesn’t get his snout in the trough the benefits get played down.
Just think about this, who would you sooner be helping build an income for: Mr Big Phamaceutical or 3 million women and tribes people?
That’s not even a rhetorical question is it.
Yours as always