- I wouldn’t normally recommend this with such urgency
- This new and improved bioavailable form of vitamin D could be the best frontline defence for your mind and body during these tough times
- A simple way to improve your immune system: find out more here
Spring is here.
That means more light during the day and potentially more sunshine on our skin.
So I would not normally recommend this natural health measure with such urgency…
But these are not normal times.
People across the UK are not going to get out and about like they would usually do in springtime.
Which means that keeping topped up with vitamin D is going to be crucial.
In fact, according to The Sunday Telegraph last weekend the British government is poised to recommend that everyone take vitamin D supplements during the coronavirus lockdown.
This is because experts believe that taking vitamin D will make people less susceptive to the virus. Already in studies it has been shown to help protect against acute respiratory infections.
Not only that, but without enough of this vitamin you’re at much greater risk of the following:
- Colds, flu and other infections
- Depression, anxiety and fatigue
- Sore, stiff joints
- Weaker bones
The more elderly or physically vulnerable you are, the more damaging these effects can be.
The official line is that we need to consume at LEAST ten micrograms of vitamin D each day in order to maintain high immunity levels, as well as to protect bone and muscle health.
But the large majority get nowhere near that.
It is not likely to exist in the food you eat right now, because the levels in food are simply not enough for your body to produce vitamin D in significant amounts.
And it may not be something you’ll get from sunshine, particularly not in a lockdown situation in early spring.
This is why I’d highly recommend you find a reliable source of vitamin D that keeps you topped up.
For me, the very best vitamin D3 in the country is this one from Together Health, click here for more info.
A NEW version of this bioavailable vitamin D3
The very best kind of vitamin D is that which is derived from foods, meaning that your body will actually retain and use it, rather than flushing it straight out.
Together Health’s vegan, plant-based vitamin D3 is produced from lichens sourced in North America. This lichen grows in cool, mountainous climates where the air is clean and pure. The extraction process involves no heat or chemicals. And the source is completely sustainable.
A plant-based vitamin D3 is the body’s preferred active form, so it is more easily and quickly absorbed.
To make it even more effective Together Health have added a base of coconut oil to enhance absorption and assimilation.
This means you’re more likely to feel these wonderful benefits:
- Stronger immunity against flu and also Covid 19 – and this is according to the government and top experts. In 2017 a study published in the British Medical Journal showed that daily vitamin D supplements could prevent more than three million people a year falling ill with a cold or chest infection. In fact it can HALVE your chances of getting a respiratory infection.
- A better mood. Recent research suggests that vitamin D affects the amount of chemicals known as ‘monoamines’ (for instance, serotonin) in your brain. So vitamin D could help you maintain a sunnier, more positive outlook.
- Healthier bones. Vitamin D regulates the amount of calcium and phosphate in your body, keeping bones, teeth and muscles healthy. It is key in preventing osteoporosis and deficiency can cause something known as ‘osteomalacia’ – symptoms include severe bone pains and muscle aches.
- Less stiffness and pain. A study published in the Journal of Gerontology in 2012 showed that low levels of vitamin D caused a 30% increase in mobility problems for the elderly.
But see what you think – you’re welcome to try Together Health’s Vitamin D3 for a month and return it if you’re not completely satisfied.
The best defence during these tough times
It is so important to stay in optimal health right now, and vitamin D3 is the best nutritional frontline defence for your mind and body.
In 2016 the scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition said that everyone should consider taking vitamin D supplements in the winter and maybe even all year round.
And now it looks like the government is going to recommend this too because of the pandemic lockdown situation.
Of course, it can help if you up your intake of oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines, as well as liver and eggs.
These all contain some vitamin D, but not in meaningful amounts that will make a significant difference.
This is because vitamin D really isn’t a vitamin at all, but a hormone that is primarily made in your body after exposure to sunlight.
The trouble is, most of us do not get enough exposure to sunlight to make enough vitamin D. And our bodies find it harder to produce when we get older or have underlying health problems.
Even as the days get longer, many of us still need more vitamin D. Particularly in situations like the current coronavirus lockdown.
This is why I’m delighted that Together Health have put together their best ever vitamin D formulation – a new version of what was already my favourite vitamin product.
Why is it so good?
Because it’s a food-based vitamin D3 derived from lichen in a base of coconut oil to help improve absorption.
As well as being highly effective, it is also sustainably harvested from wild lichen, which is washed without using any chemicals.
After the lichen is soaked, the vitamin D oil is extracted naturally, using only pressure.
The same goes for the coconut oil, in which small chunks are quick dried and pressed to release the oil.
The care and consideration which goes into this form of food-based vitamin D3 is astounding – and it will pay off in terms of the benefits you feel, physically and mentally.
But find out for yourself – we have Together Health’s all-new vitamin D in stock now.
These may sell out quickly. Please buy responsibly so that everyone gets a chance to try it out.
Yours as ever
The Good Life Letter